Tuesday, January 09, 2007

No Rory in Allstar Game


Conspiracy? Maybe, but who cares right now? The fact is he won't be there - and I won't be watching like usual.

For a fiend of hockey like I am, it's hard not to watch an NHL allstar game. But there's only so much of that pond hockey millionaire showcase a person can stomach. I think the last time I watched a game beginning to end was when Ray Bourque potted that winner in the Boston game. And right then, I knew the thing was rigged.

Maybe not rigged, but bullshit. How did he pull that off? That sort of shit is not normal. Either they let him score, like Colorado let him win the Cup. Or the entire charade is scripted. The time it was backed up was Owen Nolan's "Babe Ruth" point at Hasek. Conviniently in San Jose, where Nolan played at the time. Against Hasek in his prime who was like a fucking alien, he didn't need Nolan to point. Hasek could read minds back then.

Got off topic. But the Allstar game is a pile of shit. The only reason I would have tuned in is to watch Rory Fitzpatrick. Instead, I'll pass. Skills competition and Young Stars game, I'm in. After that, have fun with the ratings NHL.

The only reason anyone talked about the Allstar Game is because Rory Fitzpatrick almost made it. You won't hear another thing about it now. Kudos to the NHL - you fucked up again.

1 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it wasn't for Rory no one would even be aware of the all star game yet. I know I won't be watching now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home