Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Vote for Rory Fitzpatrick - NHL All Star Game


A movement was started on HFboards by a member lecherous, and it has taken off since. As of last Wednesday Rory Fitzpatrick was 13th in NHL voting, all by write in votes - and surpassed Matthieu Schneider, who was on the regular ballot.

You might ask why you should contribute to this campaign.... Rory Fitzpatrick is your every day "Joe Lunchpail" that toiled in the minors for years before making it to the NHL. With a depleted Sabres blueline last year in the Eastern Conference Finals, that "Joe" stepped his game up to become one of the most reliable players in the playoffs last season.

It's a reflection of every player who worked their asses off, no matter the hardships, to finally play in the NHL. The journeyman is often forgotten in their quests to make it. This vote is to reflect the fan's appreciation of a player like Rory Fitzpatrick.

If you're still not convinced, take the time to watch a couple youtube videos made about this campaign, sometimes pictures speak louder than words:

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=Rory+Fitzpatrick&search=Search


And if that doesn't satisfy you. Well, too late. Team Rory has already submitted another thousand votes while you watched that.

Vote for Rory. Official website, which will give you all the info you need, including Rory's reaction to the movement:
www.voteforrory.com

8 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is quite possibly the worst blog i've ever seen.

I'd be embarassed to link to it.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger RaoulDuke said...

Thanks for dropping by "anonymous", once you have the balls to put a name behind your comments - I'll just chalk it up to fan jealousy.

PS. In referring to yourself, the "I" is always capitalized. Free grammar lesson while you drop by.

Regards,
Raoul

 
At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you used the Rory pic I made! Awesome

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man, I'm just saying... it's a pretty poor excuse for a blog. I mean, the subtitle alone is pretty silly/stupid.


There are some fantastic hockey blogs out there. This one is just.... meh.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger RaoulDuke said...

Yet, you came back. If you don't understand something does not make it "meh", or other gay internet lingo.

Get back to me when you do something better.

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"meh" isn't internet lingo, nor is it homosexual in any way. calling things "gay" is certainly revealing in its own way however...


I'm fairly confident I could probably do better. I don't bother though, because there are other blogs out there which do a much better job than I ever could. There are some fantastic oilers blogs where the writers have forgotten more about hockey than I'll ever know, so why should I compete with that? There are plenty of other general hockey blogs out there which bring fresh, original views with far better quality of writing than I ever could.


I'm just saying, this blog doesn't seem to have a focus. It's about the Oilers, but then it's about trade "rumours" which don't seem to have any basis, and about crappy beer, and your "out there, edgy" quarter season award picks. Oh, and it's updated every couple of weeks.


I was just passing on my first impressions. That's about it.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger RaoulDuke said...

Well, "meh" is not part of the English language, hence you'll never see it in a dictionary. I've only ever seen it used by people on the internet so I'll consider it internet lingo.

I'm fairly confident I could coach an NHL team better than Dave Lewis, but until I do - it's just that. Speculation.

The "focus" of this thing is that there never was one. It's not about the Oilers, it's not about hockey. I never intended it that way - rather just a place to vent whatever I felt like at that moment. Due to the fact I spend much of my free time watching hockey, it naturally veers that way.

But, to each their own. I'm not out to please everyone, or even anyone. Just a time killer for me, but I'll take your words and keep them in mind as constructive criticism in improving for the future. It's not like I was planning on winning a Pulitzer here.

Have a good one. Bitch anytime you want, a person can't improve without their critics.

 
At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fair enough, can't blame you for wanting to vent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home